Write for Historic UK
Are you an amateur historian who would like to publish your work on one of the largest British history websites on the internet?
Perhaps you’re a history student looking to boost your CV?
Then you’ll definitely be interested to know that Historic UK is now accepting guest articles for its History Magazine!
Why write for Historic UK?
- As one of the largest online history magazines on the internet, we attract up to a million pageviews a month with thousands of visitors every day.
- If your article is accepted, your work will also be promoted on our Twitter and Facebook accounts, and via our monthly newsletter.
- You can add a bio at the end of your article to promote yourself, your website, blog or whatever takes your fancy!
For your article to be published on Historic UK, it must meet the following criteria:
- Length: Between 800 – 1,200 words, including 2–4 illustrations / maps / photos.
- Subject: Almost anything related to British History! We also provide a Destinations section which includes articles about the history of the villages, towns and cities of the UK.
- Tone: Think coffee table reading! Our history articles attempt to enlighten and educate, and, with equal importance, to entertain. We seek to make history interesting and fun, always factually accurate and correct of course, but we are not Wikipedia, so no dry facts, with citations and references only when really necessary.
- Unique: The article you submit must be completely unique to Historic UK and not published via any other blog, website, magazine, book or similar.
- 50 word biography: You may write a 50 word biography to be included at the bottom of the article. Please note that although we are happy to include a link back to your own blog or website within the bio, the link must point to a site which is relevant to the article!
Want more information or ready to submit your article?
Simply use the form below! If we are able to feature your article on the website we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible and certainly within 10 days.
|Historic UK reserves the right to:
Please note that we do not charge a fee for publishing articles on Historic UK, neither do we provide payment for articles which are featured on the website.
Please do not submit CVs or work experience requests – we are not hiring at this time.