Littlecote House Hotel, Hungerford, Berkshire, England
Littlecote House Hotel
RG17 OSU (view map)
Steeped in history, it was here that Henry VIII wooed Jane Seymour. Queen Elizabeth I, James I, Charles II and William of Orange stayed here. The D-Day landings were planned in the rooms here. There is even a secret passage behind the library bookcase! And in the grounds there are the remains of a Roman villa and 2nd century mosaic.
This extraordinary Grade I listed Tudor house is set in stunning grounds for you to explore. Or if you prefer, simply relax in the pool and later enjoy live evening entertainment.
Located just over an hour from London, Littlecote House is situated in the heart of the Berkshire countryside. Just 10 minutes away is Hungerford, famous for its antique shops and well worth a visit.
There are many reasons to visit Littlecote House:
- Stunning Grade I listed 16th century house steeped in history
- 18th Century Dutch Room with floor to ceiling hand painted panels
- Tea, coffee and lunches served in the Old House, gardens and at the Pavilion
- Decleor health and beauty therapies
- Putting green, archery, shooting, tennis and bowls
- Dining options include a buffet restaurant and the 2 AA rosette Oliver's Bistro
- Leisure Club with indoor swimming pool, bubble pool, steam room, sauna and fitness room
Nearest Town : Hungerford
From the M4
Exit the M4 at Junction 14 and take the A338 to Hungerford. After approximately 3 miles turn right onto the A4 and at the next roundabout take the 1st exit following the A4. Shortly afterwards turn right onto the B4192 signposted to Littlecote House. After approximately 1 mile the road bends sharply to the right, take the small road straight ahead and the entrance to Littlecote House is approximately 1/2 mile on the right hand side.From Marlborough (A4)
Follow the A4 to Hungerford. As you get into Hungerford turn left onto the B4192. After approximately 1 mile the road bends sharply to the right, take the small road straight ahead and the entrance to Littlecote House is approximately 1/2 mile on the right hand side.From Marlborough (A4).