Tel: 0345 268 1307
Built around an 11th century pele tower, this exceptional ten bedroomed country hall lies on the outskirts of the pretty Northumbrian coastal village of Craster. Rebuilt around 1310 and used as a watchtower for the nearby Dunstanburgh Castle, it has been further added to and improved over the centuries that followed.
Boasting spectacular coastal views to the east towards Dunstanburgh Castle, some of the interior stonework is thought to have come from the lost Tudor house of Gloster Hill, including the 15th century fireplace. Other period features include the drawing room with its Queen Anne panelling, the 14ft long oak refectory dining table that seats 18, Morris tapestries and not forgetting the remains of a medieval garderobe. More modern touches include the 25ft long games room and four-oven Aga.
Property Reference Code: MRD
Features include: Historic Features | Grand Piano | Games Room | By the Sea | Pub Nearby